You asked for it – I finally got it!!! Here is the feature story done by Fox News with Tom Pipines highlighting this blog and my children’s book that I’m trying to publish. I was able to get a recording from my lovely grandparents! If you weren’t able to watch when I was on before, or just can’t get enough of Bleacher Boy, 🙂 here it is. ENJOY!
Link to my story on the Fox website HERE
Recently I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Fox News and their sportscaster, Tom Pipines. I am not sure when this interview will be aired, but I will surely let you all know! I spent the afternoon with Tom Pipines, who likes to be called “Pip,” but not be called “late for dinner,” and I learned what makes a sportscaster successful.
As he was trying to learn about me and this blog, Bleacher Boy, I learned a lot from him as well. I learned that “Pip” is:
- A confident man with a firm handshake.
- A kind and friendly man with warm hugs for my mom and sister and an even friendlier smile.
- A polite man that was courteous and apologetic that he was running late–showing that others’ time is valuable too.
- A giving man that took the time to give me a tour and introduce me to literally EVERYONE at the studio including Katrina Cravy, making me feel like I was part of the family.
- A sincere man that was interested in what I do as a writer and as a teen, as well as the interests a my family.
- A knowledgeable man that knows his industry and keeps learning as the world changes.
- A humble man that thanks his coworkers for a job well done and gives credit to all those who work behind the scenes.
- A gracious man that wished a coworker the “Best of Luck” in their new job, expressing how much they’d be missed.
- A stylish man that can pull off wearing a purple shirt! 😉
- A wise man that is willing to share advice and his personal experiences with a kid who has a dream……