Wow, it’s been quite some time since my last post! I apologize, but this summer has been absolutely crazy! I just got back from my family vacation in Hayward, WI – After hours and hours of hard work my team and I finally raised enough money to go to Cooperstown Dreams Park! Talk about a “dream come true!” Within the next few days I will be writing an article about my Cooperstown experience. Expect more frequent posts to come.
I applaud the MLB for cracking the whip on PED (Performance Enhancing Drugs) violators. 12 players are now suspended for taking part in the biogenesis scandal. The following players have received a 50 game suspension without pay:
• Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Antonio Bastardo
• San Diego Padres shortstop Everth Cabrera, one of the game’s best base stealers
• New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli
• Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz
• Padres pitcher Fautino De Los Santos
• Houston Astros pitcher Sergio Escalona
• Yankees outfielder Fernando Martinez
• Seattle Mariners catcher Jesus Montero, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers of the Pacific Coast League
• Free agent pitcher Jordan Norberto
• Detroit Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta
• New York Mets outfielder Cesar Puello
• Mets infielder/outfielder Jordany Valdespin
You probably know this by now, but there should be a 13th player on this list, Alex Rodriguez. He will most likely get suspended over 200 games, but is deciding to appeal so he can play, not to mention the fact he is fighting to hold on to 96 more million dollars. C’mon man! Do you seriously think you can win this appeal?
I think the MLB really proved a point. They are not tolerating any cheaters. The MLB is definitely improving their efforts to be more harsh on the drug policy offenders. I believe this a huge step in the right direction, but sadly there is always a new way or new drug to cheat the system. You know who you are, Braun, cough cough……………….. Shame on you for disappointing everyone in Milwaukee. Many people used to look up to you.
MORAL OF THE STORY: PED OFFENDERS – you are not only cheaters, you are also LIARS. Let’s bring some honor back to game.